The Walter P. Chrysler Museum Foundation received approval for nonprofit 501 (c) (3) charity status in July 2008. The next challenge is for the museum to become financially self-sustaining. The museum staff is evaluating operations and developing revenue-generating programs to continue to preserve and proudly exhibit Chrysler’s rich heritage.
The museum would like to extend a special invitation to all employees, contractors and retirees to become members of the Walter P. Chrysler Museum*. As a member, you will enjoy free admission, as well as other discounts and perks. Featuring a variety of categories—from the Plymouth entry level at $45 to the Imperial level at $1,000—the program offers an increasing array of members-only benefits including:
• unlimited free admission (individual member and family options are available);
• the museum’s newszine, Forward (available at all levels);
• gift shop discounts (all levels);
• discount admission to all museum-hosted programs and events; and
• special member receptions and excursions.
An additional benefit—portions of various membership levels are tax deductible.
For an application or more information about the Walter P. Chrysler Museum’s membership program—including tax deductions at various levels—e-mail [email protected] or call (866) 836-0105.
* Based on IRS rules, effective Jan. 1, 2009, all visitors/nonmembers (including Chrysler LLC employees, contractors and retirees) touring the Walter P. Chrysler Museum will be charged an admission fee.